The 49th Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (PCSI-49) will be held at La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, from Sunday afternoon, January 14, through Thursday noon, January 18, 2024.
The annual PCSI conference is devoted to achieving a fundamental understanding of the physical, chemical, biological, structural, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties of surfaces and interfaces. These studies include novel growth processes and interfacial phenomena, new characterization tools, transport, and functionality of the structures for future devices.
Generous amounts of discussion time will be included in the program in order to emphasize the workshop character and to stimulate the exchange of new ideas.
- Semiconductor Heterostructures: Growth, Nanostructures, & Interfaces
- Topological Materials
- Materials for Catalysis, Energy Storage, and Energy Harvesting
- Wide Bandgap Materials
- 2D Materials and Graphene
- High-k Dielectrics and Ferroelectrics
- Oxide Semiconductor Materials
- Materials for Neuromorphic Computing (eg Memristor & Phase Change Materials)
- Materials for Quantum Sensing
- Organic and Hybrid Semiconductor Materials
- Magnetic Materials (2D, Monolayers, & Heterostructures)
- Spin Transport and Spintronics
- Characterization of Interfaces and Devices (Transport, Optical, & Electronic)
- Photoemission Spectroscopy
- Point defects (for Quantum Information Applications)
University of California at Santa Barbara, USA
Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA